1) It is very difficult to train the dog not to chew on the Little Man's toys, when the Little Man insists on handing the dog his toys.
2) It is nigh impossible to train the dog not the beg at the table, when the Little Man insists on sharing his meals with the dog.
3) One should be aware, that dogs can well imitate mountain goats and climb to rather steep heights upon couches when motivated to get to your coffee. Especially when you are distracted with changing diapers, and can't really do anything about it.
4) My dog might be oblivious to rabbits, squirrels, birds and other wildlife even within ten feet of said creatures, but can detect a baby sock at 100 yards with unerring accuracy.
5) Who says dogs aren't tool users? This dog has figured out that if he pulls on the tablecloth, food eventually appears. He's also figured out that if he repeatedly drops a bone on the cement slab floor of the basement, the bone cracks in half, and he can get to the goody filling.